Autel Support Communities
Autel Support Communities
Welcome, Guest     Sign in
Communities > Diagnostic & Analysis System > MaxiSys > Does the MS908P Support Proprietary Flas...
Does the MS908P Support Proprietary Flash Updates? (i.e. Volvo, Nissan, Honda)

2642 Views 3 Replies Latest reply: 2014-09-03 08:56:20

•   Level 1   
    (5) points
    Dpartsman
    2014-07-28 01:01:33
    Greetings Everyone,
    I am a new member and I am considering the MS908P for purchase. I do work on Asian and European vehicles that have proprietary paid subscriptions and I am wondering if I can eliminate the additional costs of those subscriptions when I purchase the unit. Did I understand it correctly or did I misunderstand on the reprogramming portion of the description for the unit? If I did misunderstand, does it then work in conjunction with the subscriptions and the unit is the universal platform needed instead of a laptop and a scan tool? Let me know please as I am in the market for the unit currently and will have to make a decision very soon. 
    Thanks,
    Dpartsman

•   Level 6   
    (475) points
    J Gutz

2014-07-28 20:44:46 (Reply to:Dpartsman)

Apparently It doesn't work in conjunction with subscriptions, seems like MS908P uses Autel server to download re-flash files with no subscription. Right now It works on some GM late model vehicles , and the other makes will be added in future updates as I understand. 

•   Level 1   
    (3) points
    emorfa

2014-08-01 15:29:47

I will love to know the answer too. Is there any autel associate that can answer that?

•   Level 7   
    (1143) points
    Matronix

2014-09-03 08:56:20

Autel are you there?

Think lot's of people would love to know about this.

I'm from Europe and we are working on all kinds of cars (universal garage) regarding diagnostics and repair. Already using MaxiDas 708 and the programming option would be awesome; but as I understand, we can only expect some GM, Mercedes Benz and BMW to work with this 'ecu programming and flashing' function?

There is supposed to be an extra addition to this small list with coming updates but which brands can we look forward to and if a carmaker is added, will you support all available models/years? Something like VAG would be superb (Seat, Audio, Skoda and VW). For the longterm: do we still need expensive subscriptions of certain carmakers for the J2534 hardware passthru option (which supposedly is an other function of the Pro which provides the 'way around, though paved with expenses from subs), or will the list grow to such extend that we can relay on the excellence of Auto MaxiDas in the future.

Also, when will you get some preview info online for the scope options and will you include / connect it to other diagnostic functions on the tool (would be awesome to combine functions).
  Total1 Pages